Weds: See Listings
Thurs: See Listings
Friday: See Listings
Sat: See Listings
Sun: See Listings
We are thrilled to announce the launch of the inaugural EAST VILLAGE VIDEO CONTEST 2012
East Village has created a new competition in search for the best young talent to become our new Resident Videographer and be awarded a £500 cash prize.
The challenge is to produce a short video that captures the atmosphere, diversity and underground music quality that is the essence of what East Village represents.
Participants are invited to submit their best short videos to be amongst the eight chosen by our judges as the finalists who will be invited to film at our venue and enter the latter stages of the competition.
These eight final videos will be featured on the East Village website and Facebook, where they can be voted for by the general public as the 'East Village Video Contest - People's Choice' winner.
The East Village judges panel will then choose one winner who will be awarded the first prize and the 'East Village 2012 Videographer' title.
All winners will be announced at our Awards Evening at East Village Club.
The winner will be recognised with the title 'East Village Videographer 2012', receive a £500 cash prize and a contract opportunity to work with the venue on selected future events.
People's Choice Award:
The winner will be recognised as the 'East Village Video Contest - People's Choice' winner and receive a £100 Video Equipment Voucher.
All runner-up videos will also be featured, together with the winners, on the East Village website throughout 2012 and receive extensive publicity and exposure. These will also receive a 'Free tickets & Drinks EV Gift Box'.
All participants who submitted videos will also receive a 'EV goodie-bag' when attending the Awards Evening.
How to enter:
- Entrants must be 18 or over.
- Short videos of no longer than 5 minutes are to be submitted via an online or download link to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 10th of May
- The entry videos do not need to be club or music related, but these must be lifestyle related and not of journalism/documentary nature.
- The eight shortlisted finalists will need to be available to attend the venue on weekend nights at offered times during May and June to shoot their final event video.
- Post-production editing of the finalist videos must be copyright of the participants alone. Each entry must: be the original work and also be the complete copyright of the owner and not be linked with rights to a third party.
- The eight finalist videos will have their videos posted on www.eastvillageclub.co.uk
- Travel expenses to and from the club will be paid to all eight finalists.
- All entries must be received by Thursday 10th of May. The 8 finalists will be notified by email and announced by Saturday 12th of May.
- All finalists will be required to complete and deliver their final entry videos 7 days after shooting. Events will be allocated to the finalists shortly after 14th of May. Shooting will run between May 18th and June 24th.
- The 8 competing videos will be published by EV on June 25th
- The People's Choice voting process will commence on Monday 25th June at 10am GMT and close on Saturday 7th July at 23.59 GMT
- The winners will be announced on Wednesday 11 July at East Village Video Contest 2012 evening.
- The winner must be able to honour future collaborations with the venue, details agreed between two parties.
The judging panel will consist of:
Terry Hart - Venue Director
Stuart Patterson - Venue Music and Artistic Director
Annalisa Bruno - Resident Photographer and Visual Media Specialist
Barry Eaton - Club PR Specialist
Copyright and reproduction
The copyright in all images submitted to the contest will remain with the entrant who will be credited in accordance with the terms and conditions.
In addition your moral rights are respected. Whenever Your work is published by the Owners you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition. Where images/videos are used pre judging to promote the contest, these will be kept anonymous until judging is complete whereupon post credits will be given.
By entering the contest, each entrant grants to the Owners a non-exclusive irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their videos, images and copies in all media throughout the world in relation to the contest and the club venue and no other purpose including but not limited to all use in the context of:
- Judging the awards.
- Display in the venue and websites.
- Inclusion in any portfolio book, magazine, social media or similar.
- Inclusion within interactive elements associated with the awards and or contest (now known or hereafter created) available for viewing or download from the Owners' website.
- Inclusion in promotional, press and marketing materials associated with the awards and or the contest.
Terms of entry
It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that he or she has read and abided by the EAST VILLAGE VIDEO CONTEST 2012 rules and that in entering the competition agrees that their entries comply with all the competition requirements.
Entries that are found not to comply with the EAST VILLAGE VIDEO CONTEST 2012 rules will be disqualified without discussion and compensation.
The decision of the judges is final, negotiation will not be entered into with respect to any such decision by the judges or organisers of the EAST VILLAGE VIDEO CONTEST 2012.